If you have to cancel a procedure you must contact our scheduling department at 219-738-2081 and follow the prompt 48 hours ahead of time.
Your doctor gave you specific preparation instructions for your procedure. We have included them below for your convenience, please be sure that you are following the preparation that your doctor prescribed for you. If you have any questions call the office.
- EGD Prep
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy Prep
- Magnesium Citrate Prep
- Moviprep Prep
- Osmo Prep
- Peg3350 Prep
- Suprep Prep
Important information as you prepare for your procedure
- Please read all instructions at least 5 days before your colonoscopy examination. This will allow time for you to contact our office if you have any questions.
- Please bring your current insurance cards and picture ID on the day of your procedure.
- You must have a driver when you arrive for your procedure. Your driver must remain in the waiting room during your procedure. If you do not have a driver when you arrive for your procedure, be prepared to reschedule your appointment.
- If you do not tolerate the prep, or if the prep does not cleanse your colon adequately, please call 219-738-2081 (24 hour answering service) to talk to your physician. You will be given alternative instructions.
- Individual responses to laxatives vary – this prep will cause multiple bowel movements. These movements may start as soon as 30 minutes or take as long as 3 hours. Please remain within easy reach of toilet facilities.
- Please drink the amounts listed of clear liquids the day before the procedure. Gatorade is recommended, as long as it is not red. STOP DRINKING LIQUIDS 3 HOURS BEFORE YOU ARE SCHEDULED TO ARRIVE for your procedure or the procedure will be cancelled and rescheduled. Not even a sip!! Sedating medication cannot be given if your stomach is not empty. Please drink the amounts of liquids as instructed after the procedure is completed.
Just what is a clear liquid?
As a category, Clear Liquids includes more than you might think. It’s more than just water and lemon-lime soda. The variety of liquids that qualify as clear may surprise you:
- Water (the original clear liquid)
- Chicken or beef bouillon/broth
- Flavored drink mix (lemonade, lime, orange flavors only)
- Frozen ice pops or Italian ice (no ice cream, sherbets, or fruit bars)
- Fruit juices as long as they’re strained, without pulp (apple, white grape, white cranberry)
- Gelatin (Jell-0) lemon, lime, orange; no fruit or toppings
- Hard candies, as long as they’re not red or purple
- Soft drinks (orange, ginger ale, cola, and lemon-lime soda for example)
- Tea or coffee (no milk or non-fat dairy creamer)
Note: Don’t drink or eat anything colored red or purple and skip alcoholic beverages while you prep. (Alcoholic beverages contribute to dehydration)
Drink a lot of clear liquids before, during and after your bowel preparation to stay hydrated. It is important to drink plenty of clear liquids even if you don’t feel especially thirsty to stay well hydrated. You may have clear liquids up until three hours before your scheduled arrival time at the facility.
Remember: STOP DRINKING LIQUIDS THREE HOURS BEFORE YOU ARE SCHEDULED TO ARRIVE at the facility or the procedure will be cancelled and rescheduled. Not even a sip!